Friday, February 28, 2014

Overview of Quilt



This is a sampler quilt adapted from a free class on Craftsy.com.   It is the 2012 Block Of the Month class.  I'm a newbie where quilting is concerned.  I always wanted to learn but work and travel seemed to interfere.  Finally I retired.  I did two different quilting projects, a window cover  and a quilted window seat for Amy.  I was ready to learn more about quilting and decided on this class. 

I have great difficulty cutting pieces for a quilt. Between the hand arthritis and the eyesight, I spend a large part of the time re-cutting what I did wrong.   I decided to take the quilt presented and see if I could use the accuquilt instead of a rotary cutter for the majority of the work. For the most part I succeeded.  Since I may forget how I did something, I thought writing myself a blog reminder would help.  Then I decided I might as well share it!  So the following are links to the various months.

For most of the accuquilt blocks cut a piece of material 5 inches by 7 inches (about).  This will fit on the pattern on the accuquilt die.  An approximate size it is fine.  The Drunkard's Path required a bigger cut as did the strip cutters. Click on the links below  for directions for using the accuquilt to make the sampler.  The main directions for sewing each block are available from Craftsy for free.  Double click on the picture to see it enlarged.  Two of the blocks from the Craftsy site are missing from my finished quilt.

January

         Block 1                                                   
         Block 2








February


         Block 3
  






  Block 4








March

        Block 5 and Block 6










April
       Block 7 and Block 8










May
    Block 9 and Block 10










June

      Block 11 and Block 12








July

      Block 13 and Block 14








August


  Block 15 and Block 16






September
      Block 17








October
      Block 19



2 comments:

  1. Do you have any idea why I can't get access to how to make the blocks? I click on the "block" and I get a message that I don't have permission to view this page. HUMMM. Do you have to do something, or is it just me? Jerri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you clicking on the words Block 1? It works for me when I use it.

      Delete